2. What Information is Collected.
A. Information You Provide to Us: We collect the Personally Identifiable Information you choose to enter on various pages of our site, or that you may choose to give us in some other way (such as by email, physical mail, or by telephone). For example, you will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information when you register for access to certain portions of our site, sign up for newsletters or mailings, or make a purchase. The categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect are your first and last name, e-mail address, physical address, and telephone number. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features.
B. Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our site.
C.2. Further Information About Cookies
Peerbitcoins may use “cookies” – very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites – on the Site. This information will be in the form of a cookie or similar file and will help Peerbitcoins enhances its web experience by saving time on the Site. This can also make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. In general cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience. With most Internet browsers, you can easily erase cookies from Your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However these may stop our website from functioning properly. Please refer to Your browser instructions or “help” screen to learn more about these functions.
Although Peerbitcoins makes great effort to preserve user privacy, it may need to disclose information when required by law wherein it has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served upon the Site.
Certain Third Party Transactions
Peerbitcoins may disclose personal information to third parties it engages to provide services that involve data processing on its behalf. Also, if some or all of the assets of Peerbitcoins are sold to a third party, such third party will be entitled to use the personal information disclosed by You, but only in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
The Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Peerbitcoins’s control. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information You disclose Online since a sufficiently powerful attack from an unauthorized third party could compromise your data.
Links to Non-Peerbitcoins Sites
The Site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Peerbitcoins is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. Peerbitcoins encourages You to be aware when You leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Site.
How to Contact Peerbitcoins
3. How and When the Information is Used. The information we collect is used for administering our business activities as follows:
a. to improve the content of our site;
b. to customize the content and/or layout of site pages for each individual visitor;
c. used to notify consumers about updates to our Web site;
d. shared with other reputable organizations to help them contact consumers for marketing purposes;
e. used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes.
4. How We Protect Your Information. The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session. You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on message boards or in chat areas, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this policy.
5. Who Has Access to the Information. Information about our users is important to us. Access to your information may be provided to third parties who provide technical support for the operation of our site. In addition, we may sell our business or buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be transferred along with other assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order and we may disclose your information when we believe we are required to do so by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us and to law enforcement authorities whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure.
6. Methods We Use to Protect Your Information. We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
7. Children. This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. If we discover we have received any information from a child under the age of 18 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we have received any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, please contact us at the address listed below.
8. How You Can Access Your Information. You can request access to all your personally identifiable information maintained by us by sending an e-mail to us at the address listed below. Upon request we offer you the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in your personally identifiable information. You can have this information corrected by sending us an e-mail at the address listed below.